Mykonos, with its very own Cycladic charm, is located in the heart of the Aegean Sea. Often considered a cosmopolitan destination, it is part of the Cyclades group of Greek islands. Known for its summer party atmosphere, crystal clear beaches, and iconic windmills, Mykonos is a mix of traditional Greek culture and modern entertainment that makes it an enticing destination for travellers who love color, life, and leisure.
This captivating island’s history traces back to the 5th century BC, when it was a vibrant trading center in the Aegean. The island is named after a local hero, Mykons, who was said to be a descendant of the god Apollo. The island’s lore is steeped in Greek mythology – it is said to have been the site of the epic battle between Zeus and the Gigantes. Over the centuries, Mykonos has navigated the Byzantine era, the years under Ottoman rule, and even pirate invasions, emerging as a popular destination in the 20th century for international jet-setters.
1. Windmills of Kato Mili: These five iconic windmills overlook the sea and are a symbol of the island’s past. Located in the town of Chora, they offer panoramic views, especially at sunset.
2. Little Venice: An area known for its medieval two and three-storey houses, standing on the sea’s edge with their colorful balconies.
3. Paraportiani Church: This complex structure composed of five interconnected churches is considered an architectural masterpiece.
4. Archaeological Museum of Mykonos: Houses important antiquities, sculptures and ceramics from the island’s history.
5. Delos: This UNESCO World Heritage site, a small island close to Mykonos, was once the center of the Cycladic civilization.
6. Panagia Tourliani Monastery: This 16th-century building in Ano Mera, has an impressive bell tower and beautiful marble fountain.
1. Kikis Tavern: Known for its authenticity and fresh seafood brought in daily.
2. Interni: This elegant restaurant is set in a lush garden, serving innovative Mediterranean cuisine.
3. Katrin: Famous for its classic Greek dishes and bohemian atmosphere.
4. Remezzo: Renowned for its gourmet menu and impeccable service, with a stunning view to boot.
1. Astra Bar: A popular nightspot with a reputation for its lively scene and celebrity clientele.
2. Caprice Bar: Centrally located in Little Venice, famous for its cocktails and sunsets.
1. Cavo Paradiso: Recognized as one of the best clubbing destinations in the world.
2. Scorpios: A beachfront venue offering a unique blend of music, food and art.
Living in Mykonos
1. Platis Gialos: A fantastic beach and many luxury hotels make this a popular area.
2. Agios Ioannis: Known for its stunning sunset views and pristine beaches.
3. Ornos: One of the most family-friendly locations on the island, with a beautiful beach and great restaurants.
A destination where ancient history and vibrant nightlife meet, Mykonos offers a unique holiday experience. With its traditional Greek charm, stunning beaches, delicious food, and lively party scene, it caters to all kinds of travelers. Whether you’re seeking a cultural journey through ancient Greek history, an epicurean adventure, a beachside getaway, or a high-energy party experience, Mykonos holds delights at every turn.
"Overall, the service provided by Unique Jets, the crew, and the staff at both Farnborough and Porto airports was exemplary. The Citation M2 proved to be the perfect aircraft for such transfers. Admittedly, it was a bit challenging in strong winds, but that's a trade-off with lighter aircraft, I suppose! I would undoubtedly opt for Unique Jets' service in the future."
"Die Challenger 300 ist ein hervorragendes Flugzeug. Unique Jets hat uns vorzüglich betreut, und die Besatzungen auf beiden Flügen waren außerordentlich gut."
"Tout s'est déroulé sans accroc, j'apprécie l'effort du capitaine pour nous amener à temps à notre destination. Je réserverai à nouveau plus tard cet été !"